Over four decades of engagement of AFARM in the development field in the State enabled AFARM to contribute to the design, development & implementation of various rural development programs supported by State & Central Government as well as external agencies like World Bank, DFID, KFW, IFAD, AWO International etc. AFARM is recognized as Resource Agency by State and Central Government for its People Centered Agriculture & Rural Livelihoods Development Programs. The prominent credentials of AFARM in this respect are summarized below.
|Sr. No||Recognition||Program||Recognized by||Recognized in|
|1||External Monitoring & Evaluation Agency||Maharashtra Agriculture Competitiveness Project ( World Bank funded )||Project Coordination Unit, Dept. of Agriculture & Marketing , GoM||2012|
|2||Livelihoods Resource Agency||Tejaswini-Maharashtra Rural Women Empowerment Program (IFAD Funded)||Mahila Arthik Vikas Mahamandal, Dept. of Women & Child Development , GoM||2011|
|3||Resource Organization||Promotion of Farmers Producer Organizations under National Pulses Development & Vegetable Initiative Scheme||Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium ( SFAC), Dept of Agriculture & Cooperation , GoI||2011|
|4||Resource NGO||Convergence of Agricultural Interventions In Maharashtra (CAIM) IFAD Funded||MSAMB, Dept. of Cooperation & Marketing , GoM||2010|
|5||State Resource Organization-Agriculture||Centrally Aided Integrated Watershed Management Program||SLNA, Dept. of Jalsandharan, GoM||2010|
|6||APEX NGO||Development of Water Users Associations under Maharashtra Minor Irrigation Program ( KFW Funded)||Chief Engineer, Minor Irrigation (LS) RDWCD, GoM.||2009|
|7||NGO Consultant||Capacity Building of WUAs under Maharashtra Water Sector Improvement Project ( World Bank funded )||Department of Water Resources, GoM||2009|
||Promotion of organic farming & Certification||National Centre for Organic Farming, Dept. of Agriculture,GoI||2007|
|9||Supporting training Agency||Centrally Aided Hariyali Watershed Development Program||Department of Water Conservation, GoM.||2007|
||Centrally aided Watershed Development Programs( DPAP, IWDP, Hariyali)||Department of Water Conservation, GoM.||2006|
||Participatory Agriculture Development Program within MIP-M funded by KFW.||Chief Engineer, Minor Irrigation (LS) RDWCD, GoM.||2005|
|12||District Capacity Building Agency||Jalswarajya – Rural Water Supply & SanitationProgram funded by World Bank.||Rural Water Supply & Sanitation Dept. GoM||2004|
|13||Support Organization||Community based Aquifer Management Pilot Project funded by World Bank.||Dept of Water Supply & Sanitation. GoM.
|14||Mitra Va Margadarshika Sanstha||Organic Farming Promotion||Dept. of Agriculture, GoM.||2004|
|15||PRI training Institute||Implementation of State Action Plan for PRI trainings||YASHADA, Dept. of Rural Development, GoM||2004|
|16||District Level Monitoring Agency||Regular Monitoring of Rural Development Programs||Monitoring Division, Ministry of Rural Development , GOI||2002|
The central as well as State Government invited AFARM to represent NGO sector on various Committees forming policies at State level and monitoring implementation of various projects in Water & Agriculture sector at district level, and worked for the welfare of program objectives. As a committee member, AFARM contributed in designing program policies & frameworks.
Some of the representations in such committees are
- Chief Minister's Advisory Committee for programs of Departments like Social Forestry, Water Conservation, Forest and Minor Irrigation.
- State Level Monitoring and Co-coordinating Committee of DPAP Program of the State.
- State Steering Committee for World Bank and DFID supported Drinking Water Sanitation & Health Education Program.
- Task Force Committee for World Bank Supported Village Eco-Development Program, GOM.
- State Steering Committee for National Watershed Development Fund (NWDF) of NABARD.
- Chairperson, Training Sub-Committee for CAPART Watershed Development Program.
- Sub-Committee for preparation of revised Operational Guidelines of Ideal Village Program of GoM.
- National Standing Committee for CAPART Watershed Development Program.
- Study group on VOs participation in Govt. programs for 9th Planning Board of the State.
- National Rainfed Area Authority, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India.
- CAPART Regional Committee, West Zone,
- Maharashtra State Jalsandharan Parishad, Department of Jalsandharan, GoM.